Which is your favorite?

Friday, July 13, 2012

Dr. Foster

Hi Everyone!,

In May I was involved in a play called Law In Order: Nursery Rhyme Unit. In the play I was a support group leader for the nursery rhyme characters. My name was Dr. Foster. So I figured that what i needed to do was figure out who my character was. I couldn't really research her on the computer because she is not a nursery rhyme character. But what i could do was make up my own character. So i sat down with myself and made ideas. What i figured was that she was bullied because she was not a nursery rhyme character like everyone else. So she started the support group, mostly because she could be around others that made her problems not look so bad. It is good to research your character mentally in acting. It can help you develop that person in your mind and on stage. You can also do this even if your character really exists. It will always help get into character. So next time you have a role do this sometimes even before shows. So when you get on stage you can be one of the best! :)

2 comments: